Care Packs Campaign
Please support our campaign to give a Care Packs to 20,000 children in Mitchells Plain and Soweto. For only R100 a child.
Read to Rise is a non-profit organisation committed to promoting youth literacy in schools in South Africa's under-resourced communities. As the name indicates, we firmly believe that children need to read in order to rise in their personal development and contribution to society.
Children who love reading, excel at school and go on to become constructive members of society. It all starts with reading.
We aim to address the troubling reality that young children in our communities are not reading as much as they require for their educational development. Children in the foundational phase should be reading around 40 books per year; in our under-resourced communities children are reading only 1 to 2 books per year.
The root causes of this low reading level are:
1. Most children come from homes without books and have never owned a reading book.
2. Most children do not have access to adequately-stocked libraries at their schools or in their communities.
3. Most children are not inspired and motivated to read.
READ to RISE has designed programmes to directly address these root causes of poor reading levels. Click here to read about our programmes.
READ to RISE - Literacy NGO South Africa
About READ to RISE...
A wonderful way to keep someone's legacy alive.
Sponsor books in memory of a loved one or sponsor books for a birthday.
A gift that will live and grow as these young children will live and grow.
We will stamp the person's name in the book/s and send you a photo of the child/ren receiving the book as well as the certificate.
- Get a tax deduction by donating to us. Click here for more.
- Make us a beneficiary of MySchool. Click here for more.
- OAKY books now available at PresentDrop.co.za. Click here for more.
- Buy our new OAKY backpacks, pencil cases and activity books here.
- Subscribe to our 'Storytime with Read to Rise' YouTube Channel. Click here for more.
- Join our new @Home programme before 28 February 2021. Click here for more.
- 'Happy World Read Aloud Day!" on 3 February 2021. Click here for more.
- Sign up to our OAKY book club before 31 January 2021. Click here for more.
- Help raise funds for a van to deliver our programmes and books. Click here for more.